Tomorrowland wallpaper 1 Tomorrowland wallpaper 2 Tomorrowland wallpaper 3

Dartegnian's old blog|Where dreams are penned|Stories are written|Ideas are built|And set in motion

INFOSEC Log 5: Security + Cryptography


This week we learned about cryptography in general and various ways of cryptography. To be honest, this week was an xqmkxfxer wbyybvnem tgw atkw-mh-hoxkvhfx, bg mxkfl hy extkgbgz, week. That's really the best way I can phrase how this week went.

But yeah, we learned a lot about cryptography and it really challenged how my processor worked. We were assigned to encrypt or decrypt something and my brain just gave out halfway through because of how mind-numbingly complex the task was (for me).

Although, sure, I know some basics on cryptography (primarily with the caesar cipher), and some ways to encrypt text (thanks, Cicada 3301). I also learned how asymmetric cryptography works due to various ransomware news I read up online and also because Bitcoin uses asymmetric cryptography. Websites (like this one) also use some form of cryptography, so that hackers and, especially, man-in-the-middle attacks do not work.

Still, I only know the basics of how they work and their core definitions, not how they are actually computed. And, I gotta tell you, doing real cryptographic work is extremely hard (and for a good reason). Thankfully, since James was already knowledgeable and since has more "processing power" than I, the rest of my team and I just relied on him to compute for the solutions in the seatwork our professor assigned to us.

Thankfully, I learned a lot these weeks. The most valuable lesson I learned is "stay away from how cryptography is actually done and just curl up in my graphic design corner."

Share this

COMMENTS SECTION