Tomorrowland wallpaper 1 Tomorrowland wallpaper 2 Tomorrowland wallpaper 3

Dartegnian's old blog|Where dreams are penned|Stories are written|Ideas are built|And set in motion

Three Little Words


It's a genuine surprise to me whenever I realize that three words, three little words, have changed my life for the better since I've last posted here. I'll be honest with you all, I was definitely not feeling well (both mentally and physically) when I published my last post. At that time, I thought that it was the end of the road for me. My only belief at that time was that there's 0% chance that my life this year would be good. That was, of course, until three words turned my life in 2018 around.

There's a lot that's happened and it's 1 a.m. on a Monday, plus I have a heavy day tomorrow. So I do apologize if I might have to cut one topic short. But don't worry, I shall write about that whole topic in a separate blog post soon. Let's get started with the first set of those miraculous "three little words" that changed my life this year.

"Congratulations, you're hired!"

This first one came as a huge surprise, honestly. During this time, I was job hunting and I had gone to several places around Manila looking for an entry-level job for a college dropout like me. The search was difficult, obviously, but I had to grit my teeth and brave through it, and constantly apply to various other companies.

Let me tell you, it was difficult applying to companies as a college dropout. I have my skillset (which I picked up on my own), but I was at a severe disadvantage/handicap. There were also those times when I had to go out at night just to apply to these companies.

The most grueling part of it all was when I had to submit a website design for a company and then I was supposed to pass it the day after. But, on that same day, I had an interview in the morning and at night. I got only 3 or so hours of sleep in the span of those 2 days. But, you know me, I've already competed at a lot of hackathons and won some of them with little to no sleep, I handled it all just fine.

The whole interview and applying process was really fun, to be honest. I met a lot of new people and talked to a lot of foreigners from different English-speaking countries. I was interviewed by an American, an Australian, and some British guys. It was pretty cool, I'm not going to lie.

In the end, the pain was all worth it when I got accepted at this one company, and it was the company that I wanted to work at the most. Thankfully, it all worked out in the end and, yeah, I'm working there now.

"You're perfect, Dart."

This last one genuinely made my heart skip a beat—and it hasn't done that in a very, very long time. If you've read my last post, you would think that I've just given up on love and the whole concept of it entirely. I thought that I'd never fall in love again, that my heart won't beat for someone else anymore.

But then, life takes you on an unexpected turn.

I met someone and she's the biggest bundle of sunshine I've ever met. I don't even know how to properly describe her because my head gets all fuzzy when I think of her. She's just unlike any other girl I've recently met and she's the one that makes me smile the most.

We've been talking for a few weeks or so and, in that timeframe, we've been sending each other voice messages and singing to each other. She also told me about her past, her troubles, and her traumas as well. We've also watched with each other online and we're supposed to watch together again soon.

Honestly speaking, if this keeps up, I'm eventually going to fall in love with her.

Oh, who am I kidding, I already did; just last night, in fact. I sent her this long voice message I recorder and she replied with the most thoughtful message I've ever received. It was a message of her initially singing "Just Give Me A Reason" but, at the end of it, she sang this nursery song. It was a rhyme I've heard before in the movie "Ruby Sparks" and the song was "Skidamarink."

When she sang that song and explained the meaning behind it, that was the moment I knew I really had fallen for her. All the heavy thoughts in my head were cleared and my once-cold heart melted. And I love her for doing that.

It's now been 2 days since she sent that message and I'm still falling for her every time I talk to her. I just feel like singing Owl City's "Enchanted" right now and talking to her all night. Regardless if we're flirting with one another or just casually chatting, I just want to spend time with her because I just feel like I can be honestly open with her.

What I genuinely hope right now is for us to get to know each other more and spend more time with each other. Our schedules are kind of conflicting with one another but this is a challenge I'm willing to take. I also hope her parents would allow me to court her sometime in the future, honestly. If I have to prove myself to the girl and her parents that I mean well, then I'm definitely up for it. Even if I have to cross towns, cities, or even regions just to see her smile in person, I would do it.

But that's all for the far future. What matters now is that she's there for me and I'm there for her. She's told me that I'm perfect and I think she's really the most perfect (and sweetest) girl I've ever met. I love her and that's all that matters, I just love her so much.

Share this

COMMENTS SECTION