Tomorrowland wallpaper 1 Tomorrowland wallpaper 2 Tomorrowland wallpaper 3

Dartegnian's old blog|Where dreams are penned|Stories are written|Ideas are built|And set in motion

Writing


Earlier this year, I made a blog post where I said that I was going to focus more on a few hobbies that I like doing, and one of them happens to be writing. Personally speaking, I like writing; however, and ironically, I hate reading. Now, I don't like reading in general, but I do hate reading large blocks/pages/walls of text that fill an entire page, or at least a huge portion of it. This particular dislike of mine (or, should I say, resentment of mine) has impeded my ability to write stories, blog posts, and other "long" forms of literature.

Nevertheless, I'm committed to abolishing this odd fear of mine as I really plan to write a lot of stuff this year; moreover, I plan to make my most complex work of literature this year. I'm not going to go really in-depth into my plans for this year, and I'll only reveal my basic plans for this year in this blog post. So, without any further ado, here are (some of) my plans for writing this year.


Wattpad
For those who don't know, I actually have a Wattpad profile. No, I don't post endless "fanfiction" about Girls' Generation members dating or courting artists, and I don't plan on making one soon (or ever, for that matter). If you check out my Wattpad profile, you would see that I have published 4 stories so far, and I plan on publishing a story of mine that has been in development over the past year but sadly got its progress impeded by my studies, life, and various other reasons. I'm not sure if I should reveal the name of the story yet because I'm not sure if I should change the title of the story or not, but, basically, I do plan on publishing at least one story this year. This won't be a short story, mind you, but a full-fledged novel complete with a lot of different characters, backstories, and so on. As I've said earlier, this will my most complex work of literature thus far, and I really hope that I will be able to get the motivation to continue writing and finalizing the story this year.

The second and last plan I have for my Wattpad profile is to REMOVE ALL OF THE STORIES I HAVE PUBLISHED THERE.

Well, not really, but I do plan on removing them. Removing them, rewriting them, proofreading them, and republishing them because I personally plan on making this vast and complex literary universe. I am extremely fascinated with the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the idea of making a shared universe in my stories is really interesting to me. As of now, I'm still in the early planning stages of this literary universe of mine. Heck, I haven't even thought of a title for it yet. Still, I plan on deeply integrating all of the storylines of all of the stories that I have published (and will publish) into a singular, shared universe.

I'm still not sure of what the outcome of these plans might be, but I have hope that it'll be something great. As for this complex literary universe of mine, I'm a little scared of the fact that this whole project might fall apart due to reasons like me becoming lazy and putting it off for a few months or so, me not being able to successfully make a literary universe, or me just giving up on the idea because it's something new. I have yet to befriend a person who has made their own literary universe, and all of the people I know who write publish stories that are independent and have no connection with one another, and since this is something that I have never tried before, I'm frightened to face this daunting task I have bestowed upon myself for no apparent reason. Regardless of the uncertainties I have mentioned, I have hope that all of my plans will have some form of a good outcome.

That is really all for now, I only made this post with the intention of updating you all of this daunting task that I plan to finish this year, honestly speaking. As for blogging, I have said before that I will continue to post more and more blog posts every month. I just hope the topics I have selected for my blog posts will be of some value, not just a simple-minded blog post about how awesome my breakfast was, or anything like that. Oh, and the "quality of this blog post" might not be on par with the others because I'm currently in a state of being drowsy and alert for some reason, I don't really know. Anyway, yeah, enjoy the week or something. See you all next time.

Share this

COMMENTS SECTION