Tomorrowland wallpaper 1 Tomorrowland wallpaper 2 Tomorrowland wallpaper 3

Dartegnian's old blog|Where dreams are penned|Stories are written|Ideas are built|And set in motion

Goodbye, 2015


Well, here we are again, the last day of the year. The 365th page of this 365-page chapter. The day where everything ends and restarts again. The end of 2015.

Earlier in 2014, I made a bold claim that 2015 would be "the year where everything changes" because Windows 10 will be released, I will be off to college and will be leaving high school, and so much more. The claim I made a year ago was a bold claim, but it was nonetheless spot on: 2015 would soon turn out to be a huge turning point in my life.

There's a lot of things that happened this year, and a lot of new things were introduced into my life. While most of the things that were introduced were good, it's also given that some bad stuff is going to be introduced into my life. Anyway, here's a lot of most (if not, all) of the significant things that happened in my life in 2015 (in chronological order, of course).


  • I started to implement "OS updates" to myself.
  • The Girls' Generation "Girls & Peace" logo is officially my main go-to profile picture.
  • I started to focus on improving my proficiency and fluency in the English language.
  • English became my default language (my "mother tongue," so to speak) whenever I would post online and whenever I would think to myself.
  • I turned 16.
  • I took an entrance exam at Asia Pacific College and chose Computer Science as my major.
  • I graduated from my high school.
  • I stopped ALL gaming-related activities and abandoned the gaming industry in favor of academics and other activities.
  • I enrolled for the first semester at Asia Pacific College.
  • I met my new set of classmates ("blockmates," as they're called here) and made new friends.
  • I fell in love with my professor.
  • I slowly learned that I had a skill for public speaking and joined APC Speaks, the debate and public speaking organization at Asia Pacific College.
  • I competed in the finals of the Inter-Class Public Speaking Competition and got to go up to the auditorium to deliver a speech.
  • I learned that I wasn't good at calculus and trigonometry.
  • I started focusing on programming and web development.
  • I got a lot of developer tools, signed up for Microsoft DreamSpark, and I signed up for the Microsoft Student Partner Program (my application has yet to be reviewed).
  • I learned that I should be closer to my true friends since high school and I became friends again with Big Sister, +Elaine Avriele Santos.
  • I started to blog again (albeit not that much) and I made a joint blog with Big Sister.
  • Without someone to have a crush on, and with multiple failures of asking a girl out, my heart defaulted back to my professor.
  • Since I didn't have a crush for so long, my life slowly became more dull and lifeless, and I soon realized that love (and close human relations) was a key ingredient in keeping the color in life.
  • I had made a new "universal OS numbering update system" and I wrote a program in Java that could print out OS update numbers and such.
  • I decreased the number of my friends list on Facebook from 500+ down to just a maximum of 148 (I'll discuss this in a future blog post).
  • I focused more on my online activities and started utilizing various parts of the Internet rather than just going on Facebook and Twitter.
  • I became friends (on Facebook) with my professor :^] (This just happened today, seriously. The year is about to be over and it still had one little, amazing surprise in store for me.)


Now, I have a lot of things on that list that I could've made a blog post (or two, three, or more) about, but I just wasn't able to because I was either too lazy or too busy to do so. Not to worry, I promise I'll make more blog posts in 2016, as, starting January 1, this blog of mine will be the centralized place where I would post ALL updates. Yep, that's right, every single story from my life will now be placed here, meaning that I have little to no use of posting updates on Facebook anymore.

The stories and significant bits from my life in 2015 are just a handful of things that happened to me in 2015. I'm planning to see a longer list once 2016 ends as 2016 will be the year of.. [drum roll] massive improvements and refinements! Okay, that might be a little too long, so I'll just make it "2016: The Year of Refinements" instead.

I'll post my plans, hopes (and dreams), expectations, and the things I'll do for the year 2016 once the new year rolls in. Happy new year, everyone! :)

Share this

COMMENTS SECTION